This article describes the steps for the app (Mac, Windows and tablet). To learn how for the web version, see Choose Floor Materials (Web).
This article covers the basics about floor materials.
Choose a Floor Material
You can add hardwood, tile, concrete, paint, paving stone, and more to your floor plans.
- Open the RoomSketcher Home Designer app.
Tip: Before you add a floor material, you must first open Walls mode and draw at least one complete enclosed room (or an enclosed outside area drawn using divider lines).
- Open Materials mode (click the red Mode button and click Materials). The Materials categories appear.
- You can open and browse a category, or use the Search magnifying glass directly above the categories. For example, you can search for "Carpet" or “Red Tile”.
After a search, close X the Search box to see the library.
- Click or tap to select a floor material from the library, and click a room or zone to place it.
- Depending on the material, you may be asked if you want to place it on the Walls, Floor, or Both.
- Click one of the options. Your selection appears on the floor plan.
Copy and Paste a Floor Material
You can copy a floor material and paste it into another room.
- In Materials mode, click the room that contains the flooring you like, to select it.
- In the top toolbar, click Copy .
- Click a different room to select it.
- Click Paste .
Change or Remove Floor Material
- In Materials mode, click the room that contains the flooring you like, to select it. Its Properties appear on the right.
- Click Floor Material. The Select Material page appears.
- Choose a different material, or click the Clear button to remove the flooring from the room.