In the RoomSketcher App, it’s easy to visualize and choose the perfect Windows for your project. This article covers the following topics:
- Windows Terminology
- Find and Add Windows
- Customize Height, Width, and Height Above Floor
- Add Paint or Other Material
- View Windows in a Project
- Copy, Move and Remove Windows
RoomSketcher includes many popular types of windows, with or without muntins (dividers which hold separate panes of glass), including:
A casement window is a type that is attached to a frame by hinges and can swing open from the top, bottom, or sides.
Double-hung windows have vertical sliding sashes that go up and down.
Sliding windows have sections that can slide open horizontally.
Fixed windows are fixed in place. In the examples below, notice the Sloping window and the Arched window. RoomSketcher also includes Round and Diamond Shapes.
Find and Add Windows
- In the RoomSketcher App, click the red Mode button and open Windows etc. mode.
- Open the Windows category. The Windows library appears.
- You can browse the Windows library, or, to narrow your search: Click the Magnifying glass and type any of the window types above (such as Casement, Fixed, or Sliding), or type a shape (such as Round, Sloping, Diamond, or Arch).
- To see a window’s default size, hover over it in the library. Tip: You can change the Window size after you place it on a wall. For best results, pick a window close in size to your desired window.
- Click or tap a window to select it, and click a wall to place a window. Press and drag to move it along the wall.
- A grey handle marker indicates the inside of the window. Use Flip Window on the right to change the side the handle marker is on.
Customize Height, Width, and Height Above Floor
You can customize a window once you have placed it on a wall.
- With the window selected, its Properties appear on the right.
- You can change the Width and Height by typing an exact size, and specify its Height Above Floor.
Tip: You can also change the window width by dragging the large blue arrows next to the window.
Add Paint and Other Material
If you have a VIP or Pro subscription, when you see this symbol on a window in the library, you can change the materials on the handle, frame, and trim.
- Click a window that you have placed into a wall so that its Properties appear on the right.
- Under Replace Materials, you can see the customizable parts of that window.
Note: The list may change, depending on the selected window. For example, some windows do not have a handle.
- To customize, click one of the parts of the window. The Select Material page appears.
- You can:
- Use the scroll bar to browse suggested materials, or
- In Search, type a word, such as “Wood”, “Paint” or “Metal”, to narrow your selection.
To use a custom color:
- Click the Paint Palette.
- Type a hex or RGB color code, or click the color wheel to select a color.
- Once you have chosen a material, click Apply to close the Select Material page.
View Windows in a Project
To see how your choices look, click and drag the camera to point it towards the inside or outside of your window, then take a snapshot.
Copy, Move and Remove Windows
- Copy: Click a window to select it, and click the Copy button in the top toolbar. Then click a Wall and click the Paste button.
- Move: You can press and drag a window to move it.
- Delete: Click the Trash Bin to delete it.
Don't Have the App Yet?
Make sure you have downloaded the RoomSketcher App to your computer or tablet.