This article describes the steps using Web Account. If you are using the RoomSketcher App, see Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans (App).
With RoomSketcher, you can generate beautiful, high-quality 2D and 3D Floor Plans for print and web. Once you have created a project in either Web Editor or the RoomSketcher App, you are ready to generate high-quality 2D and 3D Floor Plans. You can generate floor plans right from the RoomSketcher App, or from Web Account.
This article covers the following topics:
You can either watch this short video or follow the steps below:
Try It Yourself
Once you have created a project in the RoomSketcher App or Web Editor, you are ready to generate high-quality floor plans.
Generate 2D and 3D Floor Plans Using Web Account
- Go to www.roomsketcher.com and Sign In. Your RoomSketcher Web Account opens.
- Click the Projects tab.
- Your project list opens. Click a project name. The Project Dashboard opens.
- In the center of the Project Dashboard, find the 2D and 3D Floor Plans boxes. To generate a floor plan, click Generate.
Note: If you have a VIP or Pro subscription, you can generate floor plans using the Credits in your account. If you have a Free subscription, you can purchase floor plans using a credit card. In that case, click Upgrade and follow the instructions on the page.
- An order confirmation appears. Click your browser refresh button to check the status of the order. When complete, you will see a thumbnail of the floor plan.
Note: While a high-quality 2D Floor Plan can generate in less than a minute, a high-quality 3D Floor Plan may take up to one hour to generate, depending on the complexity of the floor plan. The floor plan generates in the background, so you can go on with other design work while your floor plan is created.
Download Floor Plans
The steps below describe how to download individual floor plans. If you have a Pro subscription, you can download all the floor plans in a project at once. To learn how, see Download all Floor Plans (Web Account).
- Under 2D Floor Plans or 3D Floor Plans, click the down-arrow to open a menu where you can View, Re-generate, Download, or Print Floor Plans.
- To download a floor plan, click Download. The Download Floor Plans page opens.
Note: If your project has several levels, you can choose the Download option from any level - they will all take you to the same Download Floor Plans page.
- In the upper-right, choose your Download Format.
- Choose a format that starts with Web Image to download just the floor plan image, with no logo or surrounding text.
- Choose a format that starts with Letterhead to download a printable floor plan with an optional logo, disclaimer text, and more. If you want to print your floor plans to a certain scale, use one of the scale options. For example, choose Scale (1:100) if you want each meter in the project to be represented as a centimeter on the page. Tip: If you have a RoomSketcher Pro subscription, you can edit items on the letterhead such as your logo, disclaimer text, and more. See Customize Letterhead.
- If you chose a Web Image format, then under Image Settings choose the Format: JPG or PNG.
- If you chose a Letterhead format, then review the Letterhead Settings.
- Keep Relative Size applies to multi-level projects. When Keep Relative Size is checked, the relative size between the floor plans for each level is maintained. Thus, the level with the smallest footprint in the project will also have the smallest footprint when printed.
- When you finish selecting options, click the blue Download button in the center of the page.
Note: If your project has multiple levels, you will also see a Combined Letterhead option that allows you to download and print all levels.
Print Floor Plans
To print a floor plan, follow the instructions above to download the Floor Plan as a PDF and then print the downloaded PDF.