This article describes the steps for the app (Mac, Windows and tablet). To learn the steps for the web version, see Add a Text Label (Web).
Use a Text Label to insert custom text, notes, symbols or numbers on your designs and floor plans. Note: To add text directly on an item of furniture (for example, to label a Washer/Dryer), see Add Labels on Furniture (App).
To add a Text Label
- Open a project in the Home Designer app.
- Open Windows etc. mode (click the red Mode button and then click Windows etc.).
- Click the Symbols, Text & Lines category and find the Abc (Text) label.
- Click or tap to select the text label and click to place it on your floor plan. Drag it into place.
- With the text label selected, its Properties appear on the right.
- In the Label field, type your desired text for the label. Click the floor plan to update the text.
- If you want to change other properties, click the text label to select it again. For example, you can:
- In Font Size, type a size.
- Clear or check Render in 2D (to see the text on 2D Floor Plans) or Render in 3D (to see the text on 3D Floor Plans).
- VIP and Pro users can preview their floor plans, to see the text labels. See Preview a Floor Plan (App).
- When you are ready, Generate and Print 2D and 3D Floor Plans.