Ready to add measurements to your RoomSketcher floor plans? This article provides an overview of your many options using the RoomSketcher App on your computer or tablet. Some of these features require a RoomSketcher VIP or Pro subscription, as noted.
- Room Area in Square Meters/Square Feet
- Room Dimensions (Pro)
- Inside Wall Lengths (Pro)
- Outside Wall Lengths (VIP and Pro)
- Calculate and Display the Total Area of a Floor Plan (Pro)
Room Area in Square Meters/Square Feet
You can display the area of any room in either square meters or square feet, like this:
- To learn how, see Display the Area of a Room.
Room Dimensions (Pro)
You can display room dimensions using X and Y measurements, like this:
Another option is to display the dimensions in both meters and feet, like this:
- To achieve the above example, we customized the Measurement Wizard Settings and enabled Dimensions - Use both Measuring Units, then added the dimensions using the Room Dimensions Wizard. To learn more, see Measurement Wizard Settings.
Inside Wall Lengths (Pro)
You can display the inside length of the walls on 2D Floor Plans. Below are two examples.
This example was created using the default Measurement Wizard settings:
This example was created by customizing the Measurement Wizard settings:
- In the above example, the distance from the arrowhead to the wall was set to 0, the distance from the arrow line to the parallel wall was increased to 400 mm, and some measurement lines were removed. For detailed steps, see: Measurement Wizards - Add Wall Measurements and Room Dimensions to Floor Plans.
Outside Wall Lengths (VIP and Pro)
VIP and Pro Subscribers can display outside wall lengths on 2D Floor Plans, like this:
- To learn how, see Display Outside Wall Measurements on 2D Floor Plans.
Pro Subscribers can use the Wall Measurement Wizard to display outside wall lengths on 2D Floor Plans, like this:
Calculate and Display the Total Area of a Floor Plan (Pro)
You can calculate the Total Area of an entire Floor Plan and display it on your Floor Plan, like this:
- To learn how, see this article: Calculate the Total Area of a Floor Plan.
Get a Pro Subscription Today
Don't have a Pro Subscription? No Problem! Check out our RoomSketcher Pricing Page for information on plans and pricing.