Ready to add measurements to your RoomSketcher floor plans? This article provides an overview of your many options using the RoomSketcher App on your computer or tablet.
Some of these features require a paid plan, as noted.
- Room Area in Square Meters/Square Feet (all)
- Room Dimensions (Pro only)
- Inside Wall Lengths (Pro only)
- Outside Wall Lengths (all paid plans)
- Calculate the Total Area of a Floor Plan (Pro only)
Room Area in Square Meters/Square Feet
You can display the area of any room in either square meters or square feet, like this:
- To learn how, see Display the Area of a Room.
Room Dimensions (Pro)
You can display room dimensions using X and Y measurements, like this:
Another option is to display the dimensions in both meters and feet, like this:
- To achieve the above example, we customized the Measurement Wizard Settings and enabled Dimensions - Use both Measuring Units, then added the dimensions using the Room Dimensions Wizard. To learn more, see Measurement Wizard Settings.
Inside Wall Lengths (Pro)
You can display the inside length of the walls on 2D Floor Plans. Below are two examples.
This example was created using the default Measurement Wizard settings:
This example was created by customizing the Measurement Wizard settings:
- In the above example, the distance from the arrowhead to the wall was set to 0, the distance from the arrow line to the parallel wall was increased to 400 mm, and some measurement lines were removed. For detailed steps, see: Measurement Wizards - Add Wall Measurements and Room Dimensions to Floor Plans.
Outside Wall Lengths (all paid plans)
You can display outside wall lengths on 2D Floor Plans, like this:
- To learn how, see Display Outside Wall Measurements on 2D Floor Plans.
Pro Subscribers can use the Wall Measurement Wizard to display outside wall lengths on 2D Floor Plans, like this:
Calculate the Total Area of a Floor Plan (Pro)
You can calculate the Total Area of an entire Floor Plan and add it to your floor plan, like this:
- To learn how, see this article: Calculate the Total Area of a Floor Plan.
Get a Pro Subscription Today
Don't have a Pro Subscription? Upgrade today: check out our RoomSketcher Pricing Page for information on plans and pricing.